Search by category:
Writing this post on February 1 (wow, about 9% of the year is already over) and figured it was time to turn some attention to Valentine’s Day — two weeks from yesterday. Boston Valentine’s Day 2018! Where should you be headed?
Home: Wait, what? More on this in a future blog, but do something nice for each other at home. Get a sitter or put the kids (if you currently have kids, which is ideally the situation if you found this blog) with someone else for the night. Heck, we can watch the kids overnight and you can turn a hotel into home (admittedly it’s not the same thing, but if you’re stressed, it will do wonders). Think of a good, slow-cooked recipe. If you want an amazing poblano chicken, try this one. If you like pot roast, consider this one. Or use the Google Machine yourself. Prepare the meal together then, as it slow cooks, bring out some wine, maybe a movie, favorite Pandora station, a bath, etc. Treat yourself! This is a celebration of love. Note: this is harder in a hotel, but if the hotel is downtown or in walking distance to restaurants/pubs, it can still be achieved.
If you’re for sure thinking about going out…
Boston Odyssey Dinner Cruise: Could be fun/different.
Who doesn’t love the pairing of chocolate and wine?
– Sh*t-faced Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet @ The Rockwell, Somerville – Goldstar $15, full price $25
– The Road to Striptopia @ Thalia, Cambridge – Goldstar $18, full price $30
– Back Bay Chocolate Walking Tour @ Westin Copley Place Hotel – Goldstar $20-$24, Full price $48
– Hot Chocolat Tasting Tour @ starts at Cuppacoffee – Full price $55; Goldstar $28
– Blue Man Group @ Charles Playhouse – Goldstar $43-$180; Full price $94-$243
– Intimate Exchanges @ Central Square Theatre, Cambridge – Goldstar $20-$28, Full price $39-$55
– Donkey Show @ The Oberon in Cambridge – Goldstar $0-$15, Full price $35
Fancy Dinners Listing: If you’re looking to go fancy for your betrothed, check that link for listings, deals, timing windows, and more.
Boutique Fabulous: In Cambridge. Here’s the description:
Do you long for the days when men wore top hats and women wore gloves? So does the staff at Boutique Fabulous. Stop by the Inman Square shop on Feb. 11 and celebrate a Valentine’s Day of yesteryear. Guests can enjoy chocolate, tea, and champagne — plus a little shopping, of course.
Naked Scavenger Hunt at the MFA: Not what you think. You go through the museum looking for art that contains nudity. Singles and couples welcome. Fun event!
Speed dating in French: Not quite linked up yet? Why not check out this event at French Cultural Center?
Take your loved one to Dunkin: Wait, what? Actually they’ve got a whole V-Day spread planned.
What’s your plan? Let us know.