Search by category:
Are you pregnant or a new mother/father in Acton, Massachusetts? If so, you’ve arrived at the right place. If you want to see some broader options in Boston, MetroWest, and Western Massachusetts, consider this page.
Hospitals to give birth in Acton
- The Clough Birthing Center at Emerson. This is in Concord, about seven minutes away. It has the state’s only Special Care Level 2 nursery — which is directed by a neonatologist from Mass General.
- Newton-Wellesley: Newton-Wellesley is located about a half-hour from Acton. They have a room with a birth tub, offer nitrous oxide as a pain med option, have special care nursery, high-risk maternity services, genetic counseling, and uno-gynecologic services as well.
- Mom and Baby Yoga: This is offered at Revolution Community Yoga on Mondays from 10am – 11am.
- Outdoor Kids Classes: Tinkergarten is good for children 18 months – 8 years old.
- Littleton Parents Association Activities: These are grouped by season.
- Maynard Family Association: They offer events and programs such as Future Classmates and Playgroups.
- William James College New Moms: This is a great six-week class where you (the adult!) can make friends, as does your newborn. It’s in Newtown.
- First Connections parenting groups and seminars: Some of these classes are even offered in Chinese!
- Newtown Moms Group: This is probably a bit more for new moms, but it works for moms on later children as well. The idea is to build community and share ideas.
Lactation Consultants and Classes
- From Birth: Breastfeeding help in your home all over Metro West and eastern Massachusetts. She’s great, and has served several clients in Acton.
- The Newborn Baby: Another home-based lactation consultant that will service Acton.